Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Green Tea Bars (vegan, gluten-free)




Are you a brownie or blondie person? I only knew of the brownie as a child. Those ooey gooey chocolatey rich bars that were sold in every restaurant and came with ice cream if requested. But I was never really into the brownie, never really had that chocolate craving everyone spoke about, never grew up in a house hold where my parents bought boxes of Little Debbie's Brownies, nor did my parents ever buy me anything sweet. 

As I grew older I discovered the next of kin to the brownie, the blondie. I was totally about the blondie, it wasn't too chocolatey but still had that nice gooey chew to it and it chocolate chips. My inspiration for this green tea bar comes from the blondie. As much I love the blondie, I wanted to make it into something more close to home. Thus, I added in some matcha powder to the blondie recipe and made into what it is now.

These green tea bars are my all time favorite. They are vegan and gluten-free, free some soy and contains no nuts. Though you may add in whatever else you'd like to make your way. Below is a recipe for these vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free & no nuts green tea bars.

Serves ~8
Ingredients:
wets
1/4 cup warm non dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

drys
1/3 cup natural cane sugar
2 tablepoons tapioca starch
2 tablespoons potato starch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)


Directions:
Pre heat oven to 350F. Oil and line a 8x8 pan.

In a medium bowl stir together the wet ingredients. Then slowly stir in all your dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.

Pour batter into oiled and lined 8x8 pan and bake for 20 minutes rotating once after 10 minutes. Allow the green tea bars to cool for at least 2 hours before serving. Bars will keep for up to 4 days in an air tight contain in the fridge.





-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...