Monday, December 28, 2015

Oil-Free Hemp Protein Muffins (Vegan & Gluten-Free)

Eating protein shouldn't be a second thought. Protein is essential for building cells in our bodies and keeping homeostasis. I admit, I am not health professional, but from what I learned from my bio of human aging last quarter is the protein with the addition of many of substances such as antioxidants, low ldl foods and so forth help our body build good cells.

I know the new year is right around the corner, well just about a few days away and why not include more healthy essential foods to out diet? I mean why not? Thinking of ways to include healthy foods into my diet, I looked deep into my cupboard and threw some things together to make this healthy hemp protein muffin that is oil free! Can you believe that? Oil isn't necessary unhealthy. But I decided, why not make this an oil free muffin.



This is a very simple oil free hemp protein muffin that is great for breakfast, on the go snacking or maybe even a late night sweet tooth craving.



The ingredients that I used are very versatile and can be interchanged and still have the final product tasting yummy.


Aright hear we go! Here is the oil free hemp protein muffin recipe. 



Ingredients:
dry
1 cups oats
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup gogi berries
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup hemp protein powder
3 Tablespoons chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
2 Tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder


wet
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup unsweetened rice milk (or any milk you prefer)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
Pre heat oven to 350.

In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Use a spatula or spoon to mix everything together. Add in all the wet ingredients and stir.

Line 6 cupcake tins. Scoop muffin batter into cupcake tins and slightly over fill the tins. Since these muffins do not rise.

Bake muffins for 30 minutes. Rotate muffins half way through baking. When muffins are finished baking, allow muffins to cool for 20 minutes & enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...