Sunday, September 6, 2015

Donut Post (Vegan & Gluten-Free)....updates and more.


It's donut type of day here in Los Angeles. Find my vegan & gluten-free donut recipe here. I haven't posted in a while. I would like to say that I've been busy but honestly, I am simply enjoying my summer break. I never though summer would feel so long. Did I do anything fun or interesting this summer? To answer your question, I would have to say 'no'. Don't get me wrong, I tried being productive by baking and experimenting with new recipes. I came up with some but they were not well documented. 

Also, I recently began working at a small cafe near my house. It's super cute and they bake their own bread there that is used for sandwiches. Although, my position their is not a baker but a server. Working there has taught me that serving is not as easy as it seems. This is a completely new experience for me. I learned to read ticket orders, work as quickly as possible to prep the orders and walk it out to them. One thing I have noticed about serving is that my whole body hurts by the end of the day. My feet hurt from walking super fast, my calves hurt, my back hurts and my arms and fingers hurt from carrying the heavy plates. 

Upon this I bus tables. I guess my position is more of a unicorn than a server alone. But another thing I notice while busing tables is how wasteful customers actually were. Just yesterday, a customer left behind a practically whole sandwich and a side salad. The customer only ate two bites of the sandwich. Another family left behind their opened bags of chips with plenty of chips inside. These types of this surprise me, but what can I do? I would give it to a homeless person if they were around the cafe, but the area where I work is quite quaint. 

The one thing I do enjoy about this job is the friendly helpful coworkers. This has been my second week and I feel that I can really connect with them and carry on a conversation. Another thing I enjoy about this job are the tips. Yes, MONEY! I had never worked at a place that had great tips. Thus I am totally surprise and content. Hopefully, maybe one day I can make my way back to the back of house where I am most comfortable.

Till next time. Stay awesome! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...