Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Cheap-O-Cabbage Detox Soup

I used Italian Style Diced Tomatoes

before cooking

detox soup is on!



I was never a believer in the cabbage soup detox. But I guess there is no harm in trying cabbage soup, especially right before the holiday season. I too like to binge of vegan mashed potatoes and vegan green bean casseroles. These are some of my favorite holiday dishes that I enjoyed while growing up. Even though I come from a Chinese background, many of my family are Americanized and on the holidays we celebrate with a huge holiday potluck. 

Our potlucks are always a melting pot of All American holiday dishes and then we have the traditional Chinese symbolic dishes. I admit, I love both sides of my culture. I look back on how far we have come. 
And each year, we celebrate the holidays by being together and catching up and remembering. And each year I stuff my face with food and that is why I need a simple detox right before the holiday season. This cheap version of the cabbage soup detox is a easy process that will have me and you looking good by the end. 

Ingredients:
a quarter of a medium cabbage shredded
1 cup crimini mushrooms sliced
1 can diced tomatoes (I used Italian Seasoned)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions:
In a large pot add your shredded cabbage, sliced crimini mushrooms, can of diced tomatoes, and cayenne pepper. Fill pot with water until it slightly covers the veggie mix. Turn on the heat to high & bring the cabbage soup to a boil. Let the cabbage soup boil for 10 minutes then simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...