Friday, December 19, 2014

Cake Girl Hot Chocolate Mix (vegan & gluten-free)



Hello readers!
-->

Remember last year for the holidays I made single serving hot chocolate spoons as gift favors. Those were plenty tasty and cute. However, this year I made hot chocolate mix that can be shared with the whole family. I will admit I am not taking all of the credit for my hot chocolate mix. I adapted Alton Brown's hot chocolate mix recipe and made it vegan friendly. 

What I really enjoyed about this recipe is how the hot chocolate still contained its body and creaminess when mix with hot water. Although, hot chocolate is always better with milk. Hope ya'll will enjoy this vegan friendly hot chocolate mix as much as I did. Did I mention this is a soy-free & nut-free hot chocolate base as well? It is. Happy holidays! 

Here are the specks: 
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons potato starch 

Mix all of those ingredients together and your hot chocolate mix is made. : ]

For a single serving cup of hot chocolate: 
Fill your mug 1/3 ways up with hot chocolate mix. Add hot water or hot milk. Then stir to combine. 

Store the left over hot chocolate mix in an airtight container. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...