Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

The Forgiving Carrot Cake

Photo: Mini Carrot Bundt Cakes (vegan & gluten-free)

Is it not carrot season? Well, it could be since it is techniquely fall here is sunny warm Los Angeles. Anyhow, I just bought a new mini bundt pan which I totally adore & haven't had a chance to use it until now! 

I was going through my recipes and a light bulb lit in my head. It came to me that I did not have a vegan & gluten-free carrot cake recipe in my recipe pile. So I vigorously dug through my thought bubble of ideas and luckily on my first try a lovely flavorful carrot cake recipe came about.

For anyone who loves to cook and bake, recipes are hard to perfect on the first try. Especially with baking, it is such a science. Even if the weather changes, the recipe will also change with it. Baking is never forgiving.  You need a lot of TLC and babying to get it right.  

Thus, I am grateful that my 1st try carrot cake recipe came out like a blessing.  Also, while I was mixing in my wet ingredients, I forgot to add vanilla extract. Usually the vanilla extract makes a huge difference, but not with carrot cake. I give all the credit to my secret spice mix that makes carrot cake such a forgiving sweet treat. 


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...