Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Vegan Egg-Less Spinach & Quiche (gluten-free)

It seems that I have been on a break craze for the past week or two. I recently wrote about how I am not a breakfast person, I guess I was totally wrong about myself because I have been eating tofu scrambles for a whole week. And today I have began to make vegan tofu quiche. I do admit, eating break does help curve my carbo food craving in the middle of the day. Nothing like a quiche to kick start my day today!!!!
-->




Ingredients 
1 box of 18 oz medium tofu
1 1/2 Table spoon tumeric powder
2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/4 cup potato starch (not flour)

veggies
3 Large handfuls of fresh spinach
1/4 cup of fresh corn (frozen is okay too)
1/4 cup chopped onion


Directions
preheat oven to 350F

First saute the chopped onions in a pan with an oil of your choice (I used extra virgin). Saute the onions until translucent, then add in half your spinach. Saute the spinach until slightly wilt. Turn off the heat and set the pan aside.

In a blender or food processor add in your medium tofu (drained). I cut up the tofu into chunks for easy processing. Then add tumeric powder, garlic salt, black pepper, dried oregona, dried basil, and paprika. Blend everything together until very smooth. If the quiche batter doesn't seem eggy yellow enough, blend in a bit more tumeric powder until you have reached a nice eggy yellow color.

Pour out your quiche batter into a large bowl and stir in the potato starch. Next stir in the sauteed onion and spinach, along with the non-sauteed spinach, and corn.

Now taking your favorite quiche baking dish, slightly oil the sides and sprinkle it with corn meal and pour in your vegan quiche batter. Make sure you evenly spread out the batter. Place your vegan quiche into the oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Rotate the quiche around once half ways during baking to unsure even baking. 

When the vegan quiche is done baking, allow the it to cool down and rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. 

Enjoy!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...