Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wheat-Free Spelt Biscuit Goodness (vegan, soy-free, nut-free)

Time to get your carb load biscuit fix. I am not too much of carb load person. I like my veggies and lean proteins but sometimes I like to crave a good spelt biscuit. I could have gone gluten-free but I decided today is a spelt day. Treat yourself to some spelt, its wheat free and harmless especially with this super easy spelt biscuit recipe what else can go wrong? NADA...that is what. Spelt up and eat : ]


vegan butter it up or....vegan butter and jam it up..!!!!



2 servings 
Ingredients
-->
1 cup spelt flour
3 Tablespoons potato flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup boiling hot water

Directions
Preheat oven to 350F

In a bowl whisk together the spelt flour, potato flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly fold in the canola oil and boil hot water.

Divide the spelt biscuit dough into two biscuits and bake on a lined sheet pan for 12-15 minutes until the bottom of the biscuits become golden brown. 

***Rotate biscuits once during half ways point***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...