Sunday, February 2, 2014

Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (Vegan & Gluten-Free)






Happy Super Bowl Sunday 2014. Yes I know, you might be thinking what am I doing writing on my blog and not cooking away for my guest. Well I'm actually making vegan & gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. The unique thing about this recipe is that it is made from canola oil instead of vegan buttery spread or coconut oil, the cookie dough spreads out when it bakes and most of all it taste like a real chocolate chip cookie

Most vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip recipes call for vegan butter spread or coconut oil. I don't mind using those products, but I don't use them often. It is a total drag to have to buy products for a one time use. Sometimes the product may go rancid....this has happened to me. Anyways, these types of products are not cheap either, it can definitely leave a dent in your wallet. I sound frugal but baking vegan & gluten-free is not always affordable.

Similar to coconut oil, using canola oil also helps the cookie to spread while it is baking. It felt like a MIRACLE when it came time to rotate the cookie tray and I saw how the cookie had spread out. That brought a smile to my face. Many times when I try out vegan & gluten-free cookie recipes, they turn out too spongy or too hard. This recipe is just right, the cookie came out beautiful.

And lastly, it taste like a real chocolate chip cookie! The cookie came out soft, chewy and slightly crisp on the ends. Hopefully you can enjoy this Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe, I have typed up below. 

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!


~ Serves about 20 mini cookies
Ingredients:
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup palm sugar
1/4 cup cane sugar
3 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup + 3 Tablespoons oat flour
1/4 cup chocolate chips or more (I used enjoy life)

Directions
PREHEAT OVEN @ 350 F

In a bowl cream together the canola oil, palm sugar, cane sugar, applesauce, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt with a whisk or a fork until much of the sugar has dissolved.

Using a spoon, slowly fold in the oat flour. 

Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.

**Note: cookie dough may seem moist and tacky, that is how it should be

Scoop the cookie dough onto a parchment paper lined sheet tray about 1 inch apart. The cookies WILL SPREAD. If you want a thinner cookie you may pressed the cookie dough down before baking. 

Bake the cookies for 5 minutes, rotate the tray and bake another 5 minutes and the cookies will be done. The total baking time is 10 minutes.

Allow the cookies to cool at least 15 minutes before serving.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...