Monday, December 16, 2013

No Bake Seed & Goji Berry Energy Bars (gluten-free & nut-free)

Today is Chocolate Covered Anything day. I am very tempted to melt some Enjoy Life Chocolate and dips anything I find into the silky melted chocolate, but instead I made some no bake energy bars. I think this energy bar recipe is one of the few of my recipes that I can say "man that was easy!".
-->

Sometimes I find myself getting frustrated with recipes with so many steps and wanting to give up half ways from exhaust. But don't worry, not with this easy No Bake Seed & Goji Berry Energy Bar recipe. 

I know it call for certain seeds in this recipe, but you can always use an alternative that you have in the pantry. This is such a versatile recipe, it is totally fool proof!



~8 servings
Ingredients
1/2 cup oat meal (make sure it is GF certified)
1/4 cup raw coconut flour
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/8 cup agave

1/4 cup goji berry
1/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds


Directions
In a food processor add in the oat meal, raw coconut flour, melted coconut oil and agave. Process the ingredients until it becomes a coarse liquidy paste (it may look a bit soupy but don't worry!).

Stop the processor.

Add in the goji berry, unsweetened shredded coconut, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, and raw pumpkin seeds. Pulse 3-4 times until the mixture comes together. I like my mixture to have a chunky texture, if you like a more finer texture you may pulse it a few more times.

Lastly, add the energy bar mixture into a 8x8 square pan, press the mixture tighly into the pan, cut 8 servings and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for about an hour.

Now you are done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...