Sunday, September 1, 2013

Benefits of the Coconut Flour

Lately I have been incorporating coconut flour into my baked goods. I add just enough that my baked goods are not overcome by the coconut flavor but just enough to benefit from its awesomeness like high in fiber, low in carbs, helps burn fat &  helps balance blood sugar levels.

Using coconut flour can be a bit tricky since it absorbs more liquid than other flours. I would say ad an extra 1/4-1/3 cup of liquid per 1/4 cup of coconut flour. I really like using coconut flour in my cake items. It just gives my cakes the classic cake structure. Also, I think its a really good bean flour replacement. I am not a fan of bean flour because it is such a dense flour me.

I like using the Coconut Secret Brand it is totally affordable, good for raw recipes  and very beneficial to your health.



Leslie's Organics                   Coconut Flour Raw, 454.0 Grams , Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...