Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Busy Bee: In the Life of Cake Girl

Its been awhile since I have written a post. Yes I know, shame on me. Though I have been super busy with work, events and family life that blogging has slipped away for just a couple weeks.

Since last time I was here,  I have done my friend Gene Lee's Last Reading Event. It had great turn out! I am so thankful that were so many people to support Cake Girl & Gene. With joy comes sadness....unfortunately. My friend Gene is moving to New York to pursue his dream of becoming a play write.  He is very well known in the Los Angeles, but I guess he wants a new challenge, something that will push him to the edge. Sometimes I that I need a push too...
(vegan & gluten-free cupcakes, lemon tarts & shortbread)


After that I had an event today at Sagebrook Farms in Los Feliz, Ca. for their Paddock Riding Club horse showing. I was such a wonderful experience being out with nature and animal, its so difference from being in the city. 

For this event I made some vegan & gluten-free vanilla cake in a cup and horse shaped shortbread cookies. The kids and parents really loved the cookies. Who wouldn't? there are just so adorable. I think the kids and their parents really enjoyed them.


In the shade watching horses. 

Horse Shaped Shortbread

vanilla cake in a cup with vanilla frosting

chocolate dipped short bread

chocolate cake in a cup with frosting





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...