Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Whoopie Pies & Blondies (gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free)

I have been baking and experimenting quite a bit lately. Many a times my creations turn out to be something completely different. For instance my gluten-free whoopie pies. These were actually suppose to be crispy cookies, in a way they came out like a cookie though it had a soft texture. 

Though need not waste, I turned my mistake into something new. I think sandwiching two cookies together with some amazing coconut shortening frosting is just irresistible. Thus making a gluten-free whoopie pie or just a cookie sandwich. Someone told me these remind them of a Little Debbies Cookie Sandwich. I don't think I have had of those in my childhood days, but I took it as a compliment. 




My blondies were somewhat accidental as well. I think I was mixing gluten-free cookie dough the other day and said " gosh this cookie dough sure does remind me of brownie-like batter", so I added more liquid to thin the cookie dough out and behold the blondie emerged.



***recipes are soon to come***


2 comments:

  1. i can't wait to see the whoopie pie recipe!!!!!

    btw, i just found your site today and i love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole,

      I hope you enjoy the recipe and thank you for checking out this site.

      Best,
      Cake Girl

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...