Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cinnamon Raisin Rolls (gluten-free, sugar-free)

I hope you enjoy this Cinnamon Raisin Bun recipe. It is gluten-free and sugar free. There is no secret method , it a simple recipe thats sure to please (hopefully). When I made these today I remembered that I had nothing to fill my buns with. My pantry was half empty. So I just used what I had which was raisins and coconut shavings. Might as well make it work. But you can use any filling of your choice. 

I think the outcome was better than expected. When I took my first bit of these cinnamon raisin buns, they reminded me of a kind of Chinese bread I used to love as a child. You know those loaves of Chinese raisin coconut swirl breads? Yes those, but with a cinnamon roll dough instead, and gluten-free and sugar-free. 

Enjoy this recipe! 




Ingredients
drys
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour or brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato flour
1/2 cup sweet white rice flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt

wets
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon agave

filling
1/3 cup raisin
1/8 cup shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons agave
1 Tablespoon canola oil

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 F

In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients. Then using a spoon or spatula slowly a fold in the wet ingredients, one ingredients at a time. Continue to fold in the ingredients until there is no visibly dry dough.

Take the dough out of the bowl and form it into a smooth ball. Wrap it up in plastic wrap and let it rest in room temperature for about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile prepare your filling by adding all the ingredients into a small bowl and stir, then set it aside.

Now to roll out the dough. Place the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll the dough out into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle on the filling and roll the dough up into a log.

Cut the log into 6 even pieces. Place them into a oiled muffin pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Allow the Cinnamon Raisin Buns to cool for about 10 minutes before serving or topping it off with a simple frosting.

~enjoy.




2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I can't wait to try. Quick question -- what do you mean coconut in the filling? What kind, as in oil, butter, shavings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Sorry for my typo. I mean't shredded coconut. But you can use any filling you like. I just like the combination of raisins and shredded coconut.

      Best,
      Cake Girl

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...