Friday, January 18, 2013

Rugelach Recipe (gluten-free, soy-free)

Rugelach is such a sweet treat for any occassion. I happened to have rugelach cravings for the past month and finally made some when I came upon Gluten Free Baking Bear's Rugelach Recipe. I used her recipe for inspiration, substituted some ingredients and adapted it to what I had in my pantry.

Thanks Bryna Bear for your inspiration!






serving 16-18

Ingredients
3 oz vegetable shortening (I used spectrum)
2 oz cashew cream or coconut cream
2 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum

Filling
1/8 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
chopped walnuts
chocolate chips

Directions
pre-heat oven to 350 F

In a large bowl and using a fork or whisk whip together the vegetable shortening, cashew cream, sugar and salt. Then with a spatula mix in the brown rice flour, sweet rice flour, tapioca flour and xanthan gum.

Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. This will allow the dough to rest and hard a bit.

After refrigeration, roll the dough out in between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll the dough into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.

Now using a pizza cutter or knife divide the circle of dough right through the middle 8-9 times depending on how large you want your rugelach to be.

Sprinkle the filling on and roll your rugelach from the outside in, just like a croissant. Continue this step until all the rugelachs have been rolled.

Place the rugelach on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake for about 20 minutes until light golden brown.

Allow the rugelach cookies to cool for half and hour before serving.







1 comment:

  1. Your rugelach look so professional and yummy! I wish I could taste one. Thank you for mentioning me and my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...