Jackfruit is such a versatile fruit, it can be made in to dessert, eaten as a fruit and made into vegan carnitas!!!
I just love how inexpensive canned Jackfruit is. You can find it at your local Asian food market in the canned veggie section along with the other canned fruit. But be sure not get the canned JackFruit in syrup, because they are right next to each other. Sometimes the can might not specify if it is in a salt brine or sugar syrup, so just take a quick look at the ingredients in the back to make sure. Below is my version of super simple vegan JackFruit Carnitas.
Steps to making Jackfruit Carnitas:
1. Drain out 1 (10 oz) Can of Young Green JackFruit & rinse
2. Squeeze out all the excess water from each piece of JackFruit (this only hard work you will need to do)
3. Marinade the JackFruit with your favorite salsa verde or salsa roja for 15 minutes
4. Line a sheet pan with foil, and spray it will oil (make sure is well coated so the JackFruit will not stick)
5. Bake your marinated JackFruit in a Pre-Heated 350 F oven for 45 minutes.
serve the JackFruit Carnitas with you performed tortilla, rice, beans, in a torta, and the list goes on.