Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vegan Chinese Egg Drop Soup


Egg drop soup...not an authentic Chinese soup, but some how it became popular, and is served in almost all the Chinese restaurants, well no more under cooked eggs in your soup, because here is a vegan version, with very similar texture, but with tofu skin...




Ingredients
1 can Cream of Corn
1 cup Water or a little more
1/4 cup Crumbled Tofu Skin (soaked in water for about 5 minutes)
salt to taste

Direction
in a pot add the cream of corn and the water, bring it to a boil, add the crumbled tofu skin and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tofu skin is soft. Add salt to taste.




2 comments:

  1. They make sheets of bean curd? Wow, I must seek this out and make some vegan egg drop soup. I ain't gonna lie, I miss egg drop soup. Thank you for posting your recipe. Will try it soon! Assuming I can find sheets of bean curd...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Josh.

      Bean Curd Sheets are in many Asian markets. I am not sure in which isle.

      Let me know how the soup comes out when you make it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...