Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vegan Mashed Cauliflower Recipe

I am such a potato fiend!!!! I love love love anything potato, and yes I know potato is not the best nutritious root veggie for a vegan to live off of. So, as a alternative to my alternative eating ways, I choose you "cauliflower" to substitute my addition....And it does work, and my taste buds and stomach can pass thee cauliflower off as a potato. And below is my favorite potato-less cauliflower mash recipe.


Ingredients
1 head cauliflower
1/8 cup unsweetened non dairy milk
3 tablespoons Earth Balance
Sea salt (to taste)
Cracked black pepper (to taste)
Chives Finally Chopped (optional)


Directions 
Cut out cauliflower florets & wash. Steam cauliflower or boil for ~ 15 mins or until tender


Preheat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish.

Transfer cauliflower to a food processor or blender. Add non-dairy milk, earth balance, salt and pepper to taste, and puree until smooth. Spoon into baking dish and bake uncovered, for ~10 minutes

You may top it off with some french onions or bread crumb before baking for that extra crunch texture component.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...