Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vegan Tuile Cookie Recipe

I used this tuile cookie recipe for my plated desserts class. My chef allowed me to produce vegan plated desserts for my final. It was such an amazing experience. He motivated me to continue my vegan baking, he called my cooking 'spa food'. 


Ingredients
1/2 Cup Earth Balance, softened
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tbs Flax Egg ( 1Tbs + 1/4 c H2O)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F. Cream Earth Balance & sugar until Fluffy (~5 minutes using electric mixer on high or 15 minutes by hand). Mix in 2 Tablespoons of the Flax egg mixture, add vanilla & salt. Sift 3/5 c. flour, and fold into mixture.
The tuile batter is ready to be spread on to the silpat using a stencil with a spatula.

 bake for about 8-10 minutes, when you take them out of the oven, quickly shape them into molds while they are warm or the will easily break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...